gvim syntax highlighting on FC9

Nifty Fedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Sat Nov 29 06:53:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 04:13:45PM +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> In my php files I have either at the top or the bottom of the file the
> following:
>
> <? // vim: ft=php nowrap ai et
>
> which has always forced php syntax highlighting instead of html when editing
> the files.
>
> I have just upgraded one of my servers to FC9 with vim 7.1 and this has
> stopped working - it now uses html syntax highlighting.
>
> Anyone know what I need to do to get this working properly again.

Check /etc/vimrc and other default setup files.

The infile commands are considered by some to be a security issue
so they may be disabled by default.   It may be that you have to
enable it for the system or for yourself.   There is a strict order
of places that vi/vim checks including the environment.

My memory is that a ~/.vimrc file needs to reenable embedded commands.
Try :help modeline
If 'modeline' is off or 'modelines' is 0 no lines are checked.

One security link....
http://www.juniper.net/security/auto/vulnerabilities/vuln2510.html

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l