Fedora 10 install issues

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Sat Nov 29 10:43:37 UTC 2008

Hi All;

(sorry - I originally posted this in the wrong list by mistake)

I'm trying to instal Fedora10 on my new laptop but I've run into a few issues.

It's a Dell Precision M6400  - I'm running KDE

I have 2 issues:

1) I cannot get the full screen resolution
I can go to administration --> display and under the 'Hardwae' tab I can
configure the display as a generic or as a Dell 1920x1200 but no matter what
I choose the 'Settings' tab only lets me choose a max of 1400x1050

2) system notification sound works, and rhythmbox sound works but no other
sound / players work such as amaok or Kaffiene

Thanks in advance for any help ...