Warning: rpmfusion nvidia driver needs a special xorg.conf setup.

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Nov 29 18:57:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:08:04 -0700
"Christopher A. Williams" <chriswfedora at cawllc.com> wrote:

> (Sheesh! I can't believe developers still like to
> hard code directory paths when there's no reason to!!!) would be to use
> bad packaging practice.

Hey, if it will help anyone I have a handy program I've often used
for things like this. It can take a binary blob, look for strings,
and substitute different strings of equal or lesser length (padded
out will nul bytes if it is a shorter string).

Great for building stuff that thinks it should be installed in
/some/testing/place/usr/lib/whatever, testing it, then transforming
the binaries to think they are at /usr/lib/whatever once you are
ready to install for real.