The gpg wizard

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Nov 29 19:26:06 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 November 2008 19:02:24 Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Can someone please tell me the name of the package that launches the
> > gpg setup wizard?  I'm having gpg problems and I'm wondering whether
> > the setup was interrupted for some reason.  I'd like to run it
> > again.
>
> I would assume this is something specific to Kmail or Kgpg.  I know
> that there is not a generic gpg wizard as part of the gnupg packages.
>
> Not that this is very helpful, I know.  But perhaps it will give you
> somewhere to look or help jog some other KDE users memory.

I believe you are right - it would be a kgpg wizard.  I've a plan now for
troubleshooting this.  Basically I'll set up thunderbird with enigmail.  If
that works I know it's a kmail issue.  If it doesn't it's a gpg issue, in
which case I'll probably remove gpg and reinstall it, rather than mess around
any further.

Anne