some feedback on fedora 10

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 01:56:18 UTC 2008

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
>> Other than that fact that I can't get X to working properly either with the
>> proprietary or free drivers, seems pretty cool.  However, *that* is a
>> showstopper.
>>

> Which card do you have, and how exactly is the nvidia driver not working?

geforce 6200.

The proprietary driver doesn't seem to interact well with the radeon
driver (I have two cards, one ATI and one nvidia) and randomly freezes.
I can move the mouse around and use the keyboard, but windows get
corrupted and mouseclicks stop working.  Truthfully, while I can't seem
to get it working as it is, the radeon driver is probably to blame for
this one.

The opensource driver won't even start, it doesn't detect the video ram.

--Russell