some feedback on fedora 10

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Sun Nov 30 13:56:27 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 05:37:34PM -0800, Russell Miller wrote:
> 3)  One thing I would really, really like - and I'm half tempted to just
> write it myself - is a tool to take the stock fedora kernel and build a
> new one - with the options that *I* want.

You should, if you think it should exist.  How do you think things get
done, other than by people scratching an itch?

OTOT, 99.99999% of people out there have no need for a custom kernel, and
that other 0.00001% have strange ideas of why they think they *do*.  More
than likely, you have no need for one either.  Whether you want one, is an
entirely different thing.

--
 Marc Wilson |     When a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight,
 msw at cox.net |     it concentrates his mind wonderfully.  -- Samuel