F10 Gnome session management not working

Bernd Bartmann bernd.bartmann at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:44:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

one my F10 desktop I usually have 4 gnome-terminals, gkrellm and
Firefox open. So I want all of them to be restored automatically after
loggin out / logging in or after a reboot.
In the menu I selected "System --> Einstellungen --> Persönlich -->
Sitzungen". In English this would probably be "System --> Settings -->
Personal --> Sessions". In the dialog that comes up I went to tab
"Optionen / Options" and activated "Automatisch die laufenden
Programme beim Abmelden merken" or in English "Automaticaly save
running programs during log-off".

But after logging out and logging in again I only get a blank desk
with the top and bottom gnome panels. So, nothing is being saved at
all during logout.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Bernd.