Fedora (DVD release) install from USB thumbdrive?

Vivek J. Patankar vivek.patankar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:29:24 UTC 2008

Steve Repo wrote:
> How do I install the DVD version of Fedora 10 to my thumbdrive? Since
> I do lot of installs on various computers, installing it from a thumb
> drive is much more convenient since none of the boxes have DVD drives
> and I rather not carry a external USB drive and DVD for install.

I have a similar problem. The DVD reader on my laptop is busted. Here's
an idea that could work. liveusb-creator can create a bootable USB of
the netinst ISO. The DVD iso can be placed in a folder on the same USB
and it should be possible to pull it up for installation using the
Install From HDD option available when the USB boots.

--
Regards
Vivek J. Patankar

Registered Linux User #374218