Pulseaudio dies while using 2.6.26.x 64bit kernels

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Thu Oct 2 16:30:56 UTC 2008

I have an ICH8 chipset and whenever I use one of the 2.6.26.x 64bit
kernels, and does not happen with 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.x86_64 (or any
previous).  This happens with regularity when I am listening to [shout|
ice]cast streams.  I don't encounter this issue on another machine which
has a RealTek audio chip attached to an nForce 4 series chipset.

Please let me know what additional information anyone might need to help
get this resolved.

lspci shows this as the audio device:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 02)

Thanks!