Java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin problem - (x86-64)

Trapper trapper at ledduk.net
Fri Oct 3 11:51:48 UTC 2008

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
  > You should file a bug, either at the Red Hat bug repository or at
> http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/

Okay Matthew, I filed a bug at http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/

I am still looking for some sort of workaround in 64 bit for the
interim. This has been an ongoing issue since F8, at least. I'm not
expecting any real fixes anytime soon. A band-aid for now, without
having to revert back to 32 bit apps, would be nice though. I've about
had my fill of going backwards to resolve issues, especially with
something that's been an ongoing issue for quite a while.

It's just a web page but it's a most important web page here. Every time
we install a new release or machine here we have to go through gyrations
to utilize this page. I don't know the full history of the difficulty
but am of the opinion the difficulty arises because of some
incompatibility between some libraries used in java and Linux. That's
not necessarily so but what I've been led to believe.

Trapper