Wireless, Broadcom

Vincent Onelli vonelli at optonline.net
Fri Oct 3 14:47:08 UTC 2008

>Message: 9
>Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 22:23:52 +0200
>From: Jeremy <jeremy at autostatic.com>
>Subject: Re: Wireless, Broadcom
>To: "Community assistance, encouragement, \ and advice for using
>Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>

>Did it this way:
>http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Tech/Wireless/Truemobile_ndiswrapper
>This is the right driver: http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R174291.exe
>You can extract it and use the bcmwl5.inf from the DRIVER_US folder.
>Worked like a charm for me (HP DV7-1070 with a Broadcom 43xx wireless
>device).
I printed the direction "Truemobile .. " from the above link
"http://linux.dell..."

[vinnyo at localhost ~]$ sudo apt-get install nddiswrapper-utils ndisgtk
[sudo] password for vinnyo: (here I entered my root PW)
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for vinnyo: (here I entered my user PW)
vinnyo is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

I could not even get start, What am I doing wrong?
Can you Please Help?
Thank you