Installing on a degraded RAID-1 array.

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Sun Oct 5 20:00:46 UTC 2008

James Allsopp wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just bought a 1tb drive but can't afford another at the moment.
> I'd like to install FC9 as a degraded software array but can't in the
> installer. Is there a way around this?
> Jim

I haven't found a way yet although I wish you could specify the second
spindle as "missing" it would be useful.  You can convert your system to
a RAID system without much difficulty other than just the time it takes
to move data to a new disk later.  I posted an email to this list at the
end of either June or July last year on the steps required to create a
RAID array out of a non raid system.

Jeff