Video card

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 01:57:05 UTC 2008

Hello Dan,

As pointed out by Dennis the Hardware Compatibility List maintained by
Fedora is out of date by 4 years. I am afraid your only resource for this
kind of information is experiences of other users. The HCL for other distros
are not any better off either specially when you are searching for something
relatively new. Probably the gentoo wiki has the most upto date list.

As for me, my experience with proprietary graphics drivers (even the ones
repackaged by livna) have not been pretty. Although me being a new linux
convert might have a lot to do with it. If you are interested in something
better than the regular inbuilt graphics chips, I would suggest you look in
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=category&item=Graphics%20Cards

Hope this helps
--
Suvayu