Can't install FC10 (video issue)

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Oct 8 12:47:51 UTC 2008

When I run the install DVD, i386 or x86_64, the first screen in video mode comes
up with the bottom half of the image off the bottom of the screen. By using
"video=" options I can make it smaller, or use alternate drivers, but the cutoff
is always at the same point. I have tried several monitors, same behavior.
Normal display is LCD 1024x768, but I've tried up to a good CRT which will go to
1600x1200.

The odd thing is that I had no such problem with FC9, so I assume this is due to
an "enhancement" in X. Changing video cards is not a realistic option, I have
limited slot space and no inclination to go buy another good video card for the
PCIe slot.

Does anyone have a great idea how to diddle the parameters before install so I
can see what I'm doing? I want to install on spare disk and share the /home and
/appdata between FC9 and FC10, at least for the moment.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>