What does kernel 2.6.27 bring for Artheros AR5007 users?

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 10 14:54:58 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>
>>> The ath_pci driver is very falky on a notebook on which I installed
>>> Fedora + Livna. I was expecting that ath5k in 2.6.27 would bring
>>> AR5007 support, but I saw nothing about it here:
>>> http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_27
>>>
>>> How are other Fedora dealing with the AR5007 wifi card?
>>>

>> I'm using a eeepc with the AR5007EG wifi and kernels-2.6.27 in FC10 work
>> great.
>>

> What did you use before 2.6.27?

The madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007.tar.gz driver, but I'm sure it's changed to
a different number by now.
While I was using FC9 , I went to Redhat Rawhide and got a Kernel-2.6.27
and installed on FC9 and it worked
without any problems.
I'm using kernel-2.6.27-0.398.rc9.fc10.i686, If you should choose to go
that way, be sure you get the kernel-devel, kernel-headers,  from
rawhide, just in case you should have to compile anything.
I switch to FC10-test because they have a lot of improvements to KDE.
The 2.6.27 kernels have fixes for most or all Atheros chipsets, it also
fixed my Webcam
So I have got a  eeePC 702, with all hardware working in FC10.
Send me your Email and I will attach an forward  the
madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007.tar.gz driver to you. I still have it on my PC.

mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net