DHCP will not grab ip.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Oct 11 17:55:36 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 15:41 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> I tried "Ad-hic" as well, so I could set the channel
>
> Ad-hoc mode is for connecting peer-to-peer without an access point, not
> the sort of thing that you want to do, usually.

Wasn't used before, but the setup greyed out the channel setting in "Managed"
mode. I do go to one site which has two AP with the same name, different
channels, and different keys. I didn't design their network, and while I can see
the need for two AP and keys, I see no benefit from using the same name.

Anyway, just one thing I was trying, even though the setup I had worked fine
until I "upgraded."

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>