Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:14:55 UTC 2008

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I am using Fedora 9 on an IA64 workstation. When I ssh -X to another
> host, the ssh authentication succeeds in under a second, but the X11
> authentication takes about 20 seconds and issues the warning:
> Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
> forwarding.

It could be a name resolution issue, for example,  a DNS issue.

I'm presuming you compared the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file on
Fedora 9 machine with the other hosts.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."