Beeping while running

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Thu Oct 16 00:16:33 UTC 2008

Konstantin Svist wrote:

> Yeah, this is only mentioned every other message.
>

> For that matter, the BIOS might also monitor the fan speeds and many
> other temperatures. Maybe even voltage from the PSU. Usually the BIOS is
> supposed to tell you what the current temp/speed/voltage is.

All of which are available in my ACPI configuration.  Now the funny
thing is that when I got back home last night (around 11:00), I haven't
noticed my server beeping anymore.  So, some time yesterday it went from
beeping at :05 and :35 of each hour (like clockwork) to beeping no more.
Sure sounds like the motherboard was monitoring *something*.

> Or maybe it's an early version of Microsoft's Palladium - it realized
> that you're not running the "appropriate" software on your hardware an
> is complaining.

Wrong OS.  B^)  Though ABIT's own utility programs are all M$ only tools.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net