Why is FC9 mounting my media again?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Oct 22 17:31:19 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 17:39 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> After an update FC9 is mounting CDs again. I checked preferences, set for don't
>> browse and don't play. This has been fixed for years, and now today it has
>> started grabbing the media as soon as the drive is closed.
>>
>> Can someone tell me what config or prefs file has been "upgraded" this time?
>> When an application changes media and ejects the old, the system grabs the next
>> one faster than the application.
>>
> Look at: System->Preferences->Personal->File Management->Media'
> and see if that helps.

That's where I set don't play and don't browse as noted in the original post. I
suspect hal or udev type programs, but I don't see any change I think would
cause this. I really don't want the media mounted, or even the "blank CD" icon
on the desktop, I want the optical devices totally ignored unless I manually
mount them or burn to them.

Thanks for the thought, but those settings didn't change.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>