X over a reverse SSH tunnel

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Mon Oct 27 21:50:01 UTC 2008

> Goto   http://www.nomachine.com/download-package.php?Prod_Id=4
> and download: rpms
> Client
> Node
> Server
>
> If there are any routers involved be sure they direct  "port 22" to the
> box you want to log onto.
> This software works right out of the box, the only settings you have to
> change is the IP to remote box and passwords. As long as your sshd is
> running you'll have no problems.
> I have found this version of NX works better than freeNX
> *

thanks for this tip but i wonder if what i require is possible, i am
sure it is but i cant seem to get it working.

I need to be able to do the following

work pc <-> home linux box <-> windows client on home network

Using the following which i run on my work PC i can ssh from home back
to work

ssh -R 5050:localhost:22 -p 443 me at home.computer.com

Now this works and from my home linux box i can shell back into work. Is
there some additional step i can do so that i can run the nomachine
client on a home windows box and connect it to the home linux box so
that i can use the gui on my work pc ?

make sense??

thanks