FEDORA net etiquette

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Oct 28 18:49:36 UTC 2008

Gilboa Davara wrote:

> ... All nice and dandy, but it would have been nice if anyone would have
> been able to give me -one- solid reason why he/she needs to sign his/her
> messages - when they are being posted in a high-volume public ML. (Geek
> factor not included)
>
> - Gilboa

Well, I have had messages send on more then one "high-volume public
ML" that did not come from me, but looked like they did. I would
have thought the contents of the message would have been enough to
let people know it was not from me, but I was wrong. So I sign all
my messages now. I can not "prove" that an unsigned message did not
come from me, but I would hope an unsigned message posted to the
list would cause people to take a closer look at it.

While it is not as necessary for me to keep up a positive reputation
on the Internet as it used to be, I still do not want other people
saying things in my name. But that may not be important to others on
the list, or they have other ways to handle it...

Mikkel