display hw info from command line

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Oct 1 15:18:31 UTC 2008

I know there are several semi-related tools for displaying hardware
installed in a system, and I can use all those if I must.  But what I"m
interested in is any new tools that can compile and display the hardware
installed in a server or export it to a text file in an easy to read format.

I've been looking at sysinfo, hwinfo and others, but most of those seem
dead development wise.  So are there any recent ones I"ve missed?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support