What different between FC8 and FC9 ?

edwardspl at ita.org.mo edwardspl at ita.org.mo
Wed Oct 1 15:23:52 UTC 2008

Chris Snook wrote:

> edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:

>>> It's in the same place.
>>>
>>> Without wanting to sound rude, here, I have to ask...why...did you
>>> think
>>> it would be some place else?
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Sorry, don't quite understood your means....
>>
>> Edward.
>>

> F9 hides more of the module configuration guts by default, so it's
> possible to get away without a modprobe.conf, at least on some
> hardware. If you need to configure things manually, just create
> modprobe.conf yourself and put your directives in there.
>
> -- Chris

Hello,

I just add an adapter ( PCI NIC ) for the test :

/etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 8139too ( a new one )
alias eth1 r8169

Then /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart :
[root at svr1 ~]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart
Shutting down interface eth0: [ OK ]
Shutting down loopback interface: [ OK ]
Bringing up loopback interface: [ OK ]
Bringing up interface eth0: [ OK ]
Bringing up interface eth1: r8169 device eth1 does not seem to be
present, delaying initialization.
[FAILED]
[root at svr1 ~]#

BTW /var/log/messages :
kernel : udev: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1

So, is there any solution for these two points problem ?

Thanks !

Edward.