[Solved] Desktop AWOL

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Oct 1 19:30:38 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 01 October 2008 19:58, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> The answer on this one is:
>
>    1. use the Configuration Editor to tell nautilus not to show the
>       desktop
>
>    2. log out and back in again
>
>    3. use the Configuration Editor to tell nautilus *to* show the
>       desktop
>
>    4. reboot
>
> When you next log in, the desktop, icons, folders and so on are all
> back again.  BHS!
>
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan. I did mention from my Googling, that Nautilus may be involved,
but not being a Gnome user, couldn't give any further advice.

Nice to see that you've resolved the problem, but I wonder what you were doing
at the time, when all the icons, etc disappeared. Do you remember which apps
you were using at the time?

Anyway, I suppose non of this matters as long as your FC2 is up and running
again as before.

Nigel.