IRC classroom sessions

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Oct 2 01:50:28 UTC 2008

Greetings.

We have been working to improve IRC based support for Fedora of late,
and one of the ideas was to start up some classroom type sessions to
teach/show specific things for interested folks.

See: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRC
for more information on IRC.

Toward that end, I thought I would post here and see if I can gather a
feeling for general interest for the idea and some thoughts about
sessions that would be well attended.

Feel free to reply directly to me...

1. Would you be interested in attending a classroom session on IRC?

2. What sessions would be of most interest to you?

Some examples:

a. How to get involved in Fedora
b. Pulseaudio and Sound
c. Demo's of new Features coming in the next release.
d. Basic desktop usage
e. How to file a good bugreport in bugzilla.redhat.com.
f. How to make a rpm package.
g. Upgrading and Reinstalling tips and tricks
h. Learn how to Triage bugs
i. Selinux and security features.
j. iptables and firewalls
k. kvm and libvirt tips and tricks.
l. Other: please explain.

3. What general times would be good for you to attend a classroom
session? Weekends? Weekdays? Weekday evenings in the EDT timezone?

4. Would you be interested in leading a classroom session on some area
you know well?

Thanks,

kevin