IRC classroom sessions

Armin Moradi feng.shaun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 02:03:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> We have been working to improve IRC based support for Fedora of late,
> and one of the ideas was to start up some classroom type sessions to
> teach/show specific things for interested folks.
>
> See: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRC
> for more information on IRC.
>
> Toward that end, I thought I would post here and see if I can gather a
> feeling for general interest for the idea and some thoughts about
> sessions that would be well attended.
>
> Feel free to reply directly to me...
>
> 1. Would you be interested in attending a classroom session on IRC?
>
> 2. What sessions would be of most interest to you?
>
> Some examples:
>
> a. How to get involved in Fedora
> b. Pulseaudio and Sound
> c. Demo's of new Features coming in the next release.
> d. Basic desktop usage
> e. How to file a good bugreport in bugzilla.redhat.com.
> f. How to make a rpm package.
> g. Upgrading and Reinstalling tips and tricks
> h. Learn how to Triage bugs
> i. Selinux and security features.
> j. iptables and firewalls
> k. kvm and libvirt tips and tricks.
> l. Other: please explain.
>
> 3. What general times would be good for you to attend a classroom
> session? Weekends? Weekdays? Weekday evenings in the EDT timezone?
>
> 4. Would you be interested in leading a classroom session on some area
> you know well?
>
> Thanks,
>
> kevin
>
> --

Oh I definitely would attend the classroom!!!  What better opportunity than
this to learn more about Fedora?

>From sample sessions you listed, I would want to attend all of them, I'm
interested in all especially new features, making rpm package, bug triage,
and finding bugs.

Well, I live in canada maritimes (eastern time) and the best time would be
weekends at around 4pm.  That would be the best option, but I would try to
attend the classes on other times.  Although as I'm a student, I cannot
attend any classes in the mornings.

I couldn't be more willing.  I have some knowledge of compiling stuff, and
basic usage of VCSs (svn & git), and ummm some KDE experience.  But yes, if
time permits, I'm very willing to lead a classroom!! (and most probably time
will permit)

Looking forward to attend classes,
and that's a brilliant idea by the way!
--