Question: LightScribe+k3b in Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 2 08:47:37 UTC 2008

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes <at> rhrk.uni-kl.de> writes:
> I read some articles that LightScribe from LaCie is (or will be)
> integrated in K3B-1.0 (and following):
>
> http://www.linux-user.de/ausgabe/2006/12/082-lightscribe/index.html

The author of that article was mislead by the fact that the K3b author posted a
newsitem about the LightScribe tools on the K3b site (newsitem which
unfortunately seems to be no longer available, the "old news" link just gives
the latest news again). However, there was no talk whatsoever about integration
with K3b. It is a completely separate (and proprietary!) tool.

        Kevin Kofler