looking for a easy firewall

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:18:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 11:26 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> > s-c-f is the standard firewall config tool on Fedora and it's enough for
> > probably 90% of users or more. It's just a frontend to iptables. Other
> > Linux distros will have other solutions.
>
> I'm surprised no-one has mentioned shorewall,
> which I assumed was the standard Fedora firewall generator.

Also Firestarter, but calling either of them "standard" in this context
would be a stretch. At least s-c-f is actually distruibuted with the
system, which is a pretty good criterion for "standard" in my book.

I used to use Firestarter on my desktop but with later versions of s-c-f
I found I didn't need it. YMMV of course.

poc