Windows XP & Fedora on one computer

Amy Kelly engagedtone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 16:41:51 UTC 2008

I just set up a Toshiba laptop that runs Vista and Fedora 8, with a
partition for Windows, a partition for Fedora, and a shared data
partition that is formatted NTFS. I installed Windows first, then ran
the full Fedora install DVD, and grub picked up both OSs without any
problems. Made a change to the grub config file so that I have more
than 3 seconds to choose which to boot and changed the "OTHER" to
"Windows", and it works.

Now to get the wireless working in Fedora, but that's an epic for another time.

amy