Heads up on potential F8 update cutoff deadline issues.

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:09:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 6:34 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that the cutoff date for updates to a Fedora release is
> about 1 month after 2 newer releases have occurred.   Ie F10 is
> scheduled to be released in November, 2008 thus putting the F8 cut off
> at November + 1 month = December, 2008.
>
> I think this policy needs some discussion with respect to F8 and the
> result of that discussion needs to be *CLEARLY* communicated to the
> community well in advance so that we can plan accordingly.

The subject has been discussed since Fedora Core 1. No further
discussion is necessary. The life cycle policy,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LifeCycle , use to be readily accessible
from the front page of the Fedora web site. It is now totally hidden
away. You need to know that you are searching for "life cycle" in
order to find it. One would expect to find a link under "Schedule" if
not "Releases". If it makes you feel any better file a RFE bug report
for a link on the front page.