Google Chrome

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Thu Oct 2 18:42:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 15:11 -0500, John Thompson wrote:

> Rick Bilonick wrote:
> | On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 08:49 -0500, John Thompson wrote:
> | Rick Bilonick wrote:
> |
> | | How did you get Chrome to install?
> |
> | What version of wine are you using? I'm using v1.1.4, which apparently
> | has some Chrome-related tweaks to make it work.
> |

> | This is the version I'm using: wine-1.0-1.fc8.
>

> Try this one:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=63638
>
> HTH...

Thanks. I used yum localinstall to update wine. Now the Chrome setup
starts up, but stops because it wants to access the Internet. I'm not
sure what is stopping Internet access. A help web page appears with
instructions to fix it, but it's for Windows OS. I checked in wine
configuration and also in Firefox (running under wine), but I don't see
any option to change to allow Chrome set up to access the Internet to
complete the installation. Any ideas? Did you have this problem?

Rick B.