[Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Oct 3 16:35:30 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 19:36 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> I don't think you understand why there *IS* an announce list...
>
> I do.  I don't think some others do, though...
>
> If the announcement was worth sending to both lists, the announcement
> can be (and sometimes is - look at the headers for some).  What I find
> really annoying is someone *else* who decides that they should go about
> forwarding from one list to another.

In general I would think that any post to announce probably should be copied to
the general list. The announce really should be a subset of general, not a
disconnected conversation. So perhaps the original fault was that the announce
didn't go to the general list, and someone fixed it.

People who wade through this list are unlikely to (a) be bothered by a few posts
with important information, and (b) probably don't want to have to go read yet
another list to catch announcements.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>