Installation problem on Dell OptiPlex620

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Fri Oct 3 17:05:07 UTC 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008 15:59:17 Tim wrote:
> Michael Magua:
> >> When you boot, at the prompt type "linux vesa" without the " "
>
> Tony Molloy:
> > OK. I boot from the boot.iso disk ang get the install menu
> >
> >     1.  Install or Upgrade an existing system
> >     2.  Install or Upgrade an existing system ( test mode )
> >     3.  Rescue ....
> >     4.  Boot .....
> >     5. Memory test
> >
> > Now where can I tell it linux vesa.
> >
> > If I eneter < tab> I get
> >
> >     > vmlinuz initrd-initrd.img
> >
> > Adding linux vesa to this has no effect.
>
> Did you try just typing *exactly* what he said, and not doing something
> else?

Please read what I wrote. I boot from the boot.iso disk and get the install
menu.

I now have 2 choices:

1.  select an option from the menu, where can I type in "linux vesa" there

2.  press <TAB> whereupon I get the > vmlinuz initrd-initrd.img prompt
     I can type in "linux vesa" there but it has no affect.

Thanks,

Tony