[Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Oct 3 20:52:02 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Hot off the presses!
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> -----
>
> From: Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>
> To: fedora-announce-list at redhat.com, fedora-devel-announce at redhat.com,
> 	fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:12:14 -0700
> Subject: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement
>
> Fedora 10 Beta: Cambridge's foundations are laid
>
> Just on the heels of the Fedora Project's fifth anniversary, the Beta of
> Fedora Linux version 10 (code-named Cambridge) is now available:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease
>
> There is also a Beta contest! Test five things in the Beta that are
> important to you as a user. If you find a bug *and* report it, you get
> the free attention of a package maintainer on a problem personally
> important to you!
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com
>
> Do your part to make Fedora 10 that much better.
>
> Among the new, fun, and interesting features:
>
>       * New NetworkManager with connection sharing
>       * Improved printer handling
>       * Remote virtualization and easier virt storage
>       * Sectool, an auditing and security testing framework
>       * RPM 4.6, the first big RPM change in several years
>
> ... and more ...
>
>       * New version of PackageKit for managing software, with more fixes
>         and enhancements (which benefits all distributions)
>       * New version of PulseAudio (which benefits all distributions)
>       * Kernel 2.6.27, including better support for WiFi

Any chance of getting support for the Atheros L1E NIC in there? The Linux driver
comes with the ASUS P5Q-SE/R board, for their "Express" Linux, and appears to be
  GPL. The reviews on the Newegg site say that OpenSuSE-11 supports the NIC out
of the box, so if the license is okay perhaps Fedora users won't have to hand
build a kernel.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>