Unable to build NVIDIA kernel module

Alex Makhlin makhlina at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 01:48:44 UTC 2008

Trapper wrote:
> Alex Makhlin wrote:
>> Has anyone ran into this error "Unable to build NVIDIA kernel module"
>> while installing the latest Nvidia drivers? Anyone know the fix?
>>
> I don't know if it's the same circumstances but I do know I had to do
>
> this prior to installing the drivers from livna.
>
> yum install kernel-devel kernel-headers glibc-headers
>
> Trapper

I have those installed already and am still getting the same error. The
last time that I installed an Nvidia driver on this laptop I used an RPM
file but can't remember which one it was. rrrrrr. This time I am trying
to install the driver from Nvidia "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.08-pkg1.run" and
am using Fedora 9 KDE 4.1. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks