Fedora-10 problems

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Oct 4 15:49:45 UTC 2008

James Kosin wrote:

> Ok, now I got you.  You mean the install CD is choosing the wrong
> resolution; so, you can't install FC-10.
> Anyone know if "Do they still provide the text-only install option on
> FC-10?"

I succeeded in installing Fedora-10 in text mode,
by adding "text" to the grub.conf stanza:
--------------------------
title Fedora 10 boot
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /isolinux/vmlinuz text
        initrd /isolinux/initrd.img

There was an error reported after installing 1500 packages,
but Fedora came up in text mode all the same,
and ran after a fashion in graphics mode after "startx".

However, it is rather unstable;
stray lines appeared on the display from time to time,
and the cursor stopped moving after a time.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net