OT redhat.com uses an invalid security certificate.

Vandaman vandaman2002-rt at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 17:13:25 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

> that's not the issue...the certificate is signed by
> Akamai which is not
> a certificate issuer that is trusted by default. This
> message is what
> you would see from any certificate presented that is not
> signed by a
> trusted issuer (i.e. self-signed certificates).
>
> rather than pose solutions that illustrate how little you
> understand the
> problem, you would do better to understand the problem.
>
> The simple solution is of course the download the
> certificate, examine
> it and decide whether or not you wish to trust the
> certificate.

Are you suggesting that Red Hat is using a self-signed
certificate, this is not some prima donna called Craig
from Azapple (who is full of himself) this is a global
corporation we are talking about.

I have no intention of trusting a self-signed cert from
a big corp.

I would suggest you dismount from your high horse because
the common name on the server doees not match the cert its
also a problem on IIS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813618

Regards,
Vandaman.