Why is Firefox such a beast??

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Oct 5 20:59:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:53:30 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth <Beartooth at swva.net> wrote:

> 	Where in squid.conf??

FATAL: Could not determine fully qualified hostname.  Please set
'visible_hostname'

> 	Meanwhile, I went ahead with your other directions, including
> setting a network proxy (which I've never looked at, let alone used) --
> and now none of my browsers connect.

Not surprising, as your proxy (i.e. squid) isn't running at the moment.

Slow down, read the instructions carefully, and follow each direction EXACTLY
AS WRITTEN and IN ORDER, without adding or changing anything.

Solve the problem with the fully qualified host name by doing what the error
message told you to do.

And then see if it works.