Why is Firefox such a beast??

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sun Oct 5 21:11:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 14:59:09 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:

> visible_hostname

	That section talks about error messages, and about the output of
something called gethostname, which I don't seem to have. I don't see the
relevance.

	I tried blindly adding a line -- so that the passage now reads :

#  TAG: visible_hostname
#       If you want to present a special hostname in error messages, etc,
#       define this.  Otherwise, the return value of gethostname()
#       will be used. If you have multiple caches in a cluster and
#       get errors about IP-forwarding you must set them to have
#individual names with this setting.
#
#Default:
# none
Hbsk2.localdomain

	-- except that I can't make it format right in this post.

	Was that supposed to make it work?

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 2.00, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3