Login sound -- library mode

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sun Oct 5 23:25:16 UTC 2008

Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
> Does anyone know how to silence F8 login sounds
> short of turning down login sounds and other audio....
> Tossing /usr/share/sounds/login.wav to the side
> seems to be sloppy.
>
> It is the classic boot in a library or lecture hall
> problem but I do not see any easy 'designed' way
> to get there from here.
>
> I would like all sounds do be well dialed back in
> such situations not just the login....

System > Preference > Hardware > Sounds

Click on the Sounds tab at the top of the dialog,
Go to the bottom of the list and change the settings for "Log in:" to
"no sound" in the selection box.
Make other adjustments as necessary.

The alternative is to change the  overall level of volume for "PCM" I
believe.  I'd have to check.

~~R