gnash and swfdec won't work

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sun Oct 5 23:38:00 UTC 2008

Martín Marqués wrote:
> I have a problem with a specific flash, which are tutorials done in
> presentations [1].
>
> The thing is, flash-plugin (from adobe) shows the flash .swf ok (on an
> older i386 computer), with sound and everything. gnash and swfdec
> don't (on my new AMD64). gnash and swfdec shows OK videos from youtube
> and one of the most important newspapers of Argentina [2].
>
> What am I missing? Why does gnash show the youtube videos with sound
> and everything, but not this powerpoint presentation[1]?
>
> [1]: http://www.aulaclic.es/power2007/t_1_1.htm
> [2]: http://videos.lanacion.com

If the link you are using to start the presentation is the one called
"Inciar PowerPoint" with the animated video camera icon, it starts a
javascript program.  Does your browser have javascript enabled?

You don't indicated with browser you are using but if it is Firefox, you
might also enter  "about:plugins" to see what plugins are available. I
can see the presentation and I show

    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68

Installed.