Login sound -- library mode

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 6 06:18:52 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 16:46 -0700, Nifty Fedora Mhitch wrote:
> I was thinking about a 'library' profile that I could select but in
> today's Internet world -- who goes to the library anymore.  I will
> still have to quickly hush stuff should I mouse over some web page
> with audio....
> Not just libraries, sometimes I login late at night when others in the
> house are sleeping.

You could also pick different sounds to use.  In the past, I'd edited
sounds, so the successful notifications were muted tones, but the
failure alerts were louder.  These days I remove most of the sounds, so
that just important alerts make a noise.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.5-45.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.