ssmtp problem

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Tue Oct 7 00:22:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 05:50:19PM -0600, kwhiskerz wrote:
> When I try to send mail as root to me, or as me to root, the following
> error ensues: send-mail: Cannot open localhost.localdomain:25. System
> mail is not delivered.

Correct.  Ssmtp is a mail forwarder, not an MTA.  You have no local MTA
running, therefore you cannot accept/deliver local mail.

Put sendmail back.  It was configured to do what you say you want out of
the box.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Most general statements are false, including
 msw at cox.net |     this one.  -- Alexander Dumas