Followup Re: Windows XP & Fedora on one computer

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Tue Oct 7 18:48:35 UTC 2008

At 09:32 AM 10/2/2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

>Fedora automatically detects your Windows XP installation and sets up
>a dual-boot configuration for you.  When you boot your computer, you
>are able to choose between booting Fedora or Windows by interrupting
>the GRUB boot screen with any key.
<<<<<

Good afternoon, Paul.

My situation is related but different.  I have a Fedora 9 bootable
drive, and a WinXP bootable drive, both of which were created
independently, i.e. when Fedora was installed the Windows disk wasn't
installed so Fedora couldn't see it and configure a dual boot.

So, how do I set up a dual boot after the fact?

I used to know how to do that with lilo (but, if you asked me now,
I'd never remember), but I never did it with grub.

Thanks...