Fedora stuck at Openswan 2.4.9?

Dan Koehler darthbulk at warp-7.com
Tue Oct 7 21:12:16 UTC 2008

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why Fedora doesn't seem to
get a newer package of Openswan than the 2.4.9 release?  The Openswan
people are on 2.6.18 now.  I tried building and installing that
release from source (in fact, I tried the 2.5.X releases and the
2.6.X releases) and all of my previous conn's worked except
roadwarrior connections.  It seems that anything newer than 2.4.X
will not work with l2tp/IPSec connections, at least on Fedora 7 and
8, which is what I tried.  The IPSec connection starts up fine, but
then the l2tpd packets on port 1701 just seem to disappear, making
the client wait until it times out.  Then the whole connection is
deleted.  Has anyone else tried the newer releases on Fedora with
successful roadwarrior l2tp/IPSec connections?

--
SCANNED for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner.