Problem with the eth0 boot

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Oct 7 23:55:06 UTC 2008

nikita wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I turn on the computer, the eth0 interface doesn't run, so I
> need to activate it using "service network start".

You didn't say what version of Fedora you are running. But the
problem is probably cause by NetworkManager service being used to
control the network settings instead of the network service.

For a quick fix, run:

chkconfig NetworkManager off
chkconfig network on

Things will run the way you want when you reboot, so you will not
have to start the network service by hand.

For a more detailed description of what and why it is happening, you
will have to check the list archives.

Mikkel