Failed boot cannot find device

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Oct 9 14:33:49 UTC 2008

Steve West wrote:

>     I am using EXT3 filesystem. I do not know if I built the kernel as a
>     module into the kernel, I used the defaults that came with Linux. I
>     am using an initrd that cam with Fedora. I do not know how to create
>     initrd with the kernel.
>
>     Steve

Unless you built the ext3 file system drivers, as well as your disk
controller driver into the kernel, you have no choice but to create
an initrd for your kernel. You can not use one created for another
kernel. You can use the mkinitrd command to create it. (See the
mkinitrd man page on how to use it.)

Mikkel