DHCP will not grab ip.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Oct 9 16:32:49 UTC 2008

Dave Feustel wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 10:20:17PM +0100, Laura Speck wrote:

> I have F9 running on a computer with just one nic. Everything worked
> until about a week ago, when the nic suddenly no longer automatically
> got a dhcp address. My work around is to run dhclient etho &. DHCP
> connects then. I still haven't figured out why this happened or what
> the correct fix is.

I had a thread going about the recent "enhancement" to NetworkManager. After
applying that both my hardwire and wireless NICs stopped working. Did you by any
chance "upgrade" your packages recently, say about the time everything stopped
working? Mine worked after the upgrade until the next reboot, then went away
forever. I tried to force a downgrade, but rpm was designed to work in one
direction only, there's no way to tell rpm or yum to roll back and rollback all
the dependencies at the same time.

I gave up, I removed NM totally and completely, and now do the whole setup with
a script run at boot time.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>