gimp 2.6 for F8?

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:48:00 UTC 2008

on 10/10/2008 03:52 AM Kam Leo wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 00:16 -0400, oleksandr korneta wrote:
>>> but smart has the advantage which I like. In case you have a
>>> local *.rpm with unsatisfied dependencies on your system, installing
>>> this rpm through "smart install" will make smart pull all of those
>>> from the repositories on the fly (provided they are available there),
>>> instead of spitting the angry error messages into STDOUT like "rpm
>>> -ivh" does.
>> I'll point out that yum can do that, too.
>>
>> e.g. "yum localinstall httpd<tab>" would install that local file, and
>> should pull in any dependencies, automatically.
>>
>> --
>> [tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
>> 2.6.26.5-45.fc9.i686
>
> That works only if a yum repository contains the dependency. In this
> instance the packages are not in a repository but were downloaded into
> a local directory.

  guys, don't argue. The takehome message is that both yum and smart
have  an advantage over "rpm -ivh" :)

But I like smart more, it is faster on my machine.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F9 x86_64 and F8 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./