mtrr funnies

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200810 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 03:16:38 UTC 2008

Roger Heflin <rogerheflin at gmail.com> writes:

> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> On the AMD's I remember one of the AMD experts mentioning that the
>>4GB memory stuff is automagic so is not listed as a MTRR at all.   It
> is just there.
>
> Does "cat /proc/meminfo" and top both show around 8GB like expected?

Yes, it shows most of the 8gig.  About half a gig are missing, but
then the bios boot screen also mentions that only 7.6 gigs are being
made available.  I wonder why the rest isn't remapped. to the top of
ram.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.